To view all job openings, please visit acceleratechange.org/job-openings.
Opportunity: Chatbot Specialist (Freelance) – Part Time, Remote
Organization: Accelerate Change
Location: This is a remote opportunity for an individual based anywhere in the US
About Accelerate Change
Accelerate Change is a nonprofit (c3/c4) media lab dedicated to catalyzing new scalable and sustainable digital media models for citizen engagement. We are particularly focused on developing new digital media models that engage communities of color and low-income communities, as well as models that bring together diverse citizens across class and race. We focus on media ventures that are driving social change through news, education, and action.
Accelerate Change uses lean startup methodologies and other business strategies to help start-up nonprofit ventures and established organizations scale their digital media relationships and revenue. Here’s some more information on those strategies:
- Functional Organizing: Our model is based on the idea that membership organizations can experience explosive, financially sustainable growth when they provide a robust set of benefits and services that have an outstanding value to the people they seek to organize (“functional organizing”). Learn more about our model for scalable citizen organizing in the article, “The Secret of Scale” from the Stanford Social Innovation Review.
- Lean startup methodologies: Our approach is centered on identifying challenges and unmet needs in people’s lives. We use lean startup methodologies to rigorously test ideas for services and benefits that could help address those pain points and provide real value in people’s everyday lives. Read more about our approach to experimentation in the article, “The Promise of Lean Experimentation” from the Stanford Social Innovation Review.
Accelerate Change supports some of the fastest growing nonprofit digital media ventures in the country, with a particular focus on communities of color. We also work with a select group of established nonprofit organizations to experiment with new digital media initiatives. Our partners include:
- PushBlack, the nation’s largest nonprofit media platform for Black people, reaches over 8 million Black Americans each month with Black news, history, and culture stories.
- Revolution English, a nonprofit news and education program for immigrants, provides bi-lingual news and information that empowers immigrants to navigate life in America.
- Pulso, a national nonprofit media organization focused on Latinx communities, reaches over 2 million Latinx Americans each month with culturally relevant news and information.
- ParentsTogether, a national, parent-led nonprofit media organization, helps over 2 million subscribers stay up to date on the issues affecting their families.
- La Alianza, a digital news service for immigrants and domestic workers created by the National Domestic Workers Alliance, provides Spanish-language stories to hundreds of thousands of subscribers.
Accelerate Change’s team of 12 central staff and 38 venture staff bring a diverse mix of tech, business, organizing, and media backgrounds that contribute to identifying solutions and developing new media and citizen engagement models.
About the Position
Accelerate Change is seeking a Chatbot Specialist to build and maintain Chatfuel bots in support of our network of partners.
Here’s what you could expect to do as a Chatbot Specialist:
- Build and support Facebook Messenger bots in Chatfuel
- Test and QA your own and others’ bot builds
- Understand our unique approach to Facebook Messenger bots and help us improve it
- Train individuals across our network on Facebook Messenger bot best practices
- Efficiently and accurately pull data and analyze it, as needed
- Support troubleshooting of Facebook Messenger bots and Chatfuel flows
What We’re Looking For
- Commitment to social justice. Accelerate Change is a mission-driven organization focused on progressive social change and social justice, with a focus on communities of color. You have a demonstrated commitment to this work and you’d like to be part of a team of people who do, too.
- 1+ years of professional experience building and testing chatbots
- Proficient in spreadsheets and data analysis
- Obsessed with error-free work
Compensation and Commitment
This is a 6-month, part-time freelance opportunity with the potential to extend. Compensation for this contract position is $50-$60 per hour, depending on experience.
The hours commitment is up to 32 hours per week, flexible, which may vary from week-to-week and will be dependent on the build and support requirements throughout our network of partners. There is no guaranteed minimum number of hours.
To apply, please upload your resume and tell us more about your experience using this application form: https://bit.ly/39kWACm.
Accelerate Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.