To view all job openings, please visit acceleratechange.org/job-openings.
Position: Chief of Staff (Remote)
Reports to: Liz Alarcón, Founder and Executive Director
Direct Reports: N/A
Location: Full-time, 100% remote position (from home or co-working space) with occasional travel once every 2-3 months
Pulso is a Latinx-led social enterprise dedicated to raising up and keeping the pulse on nuestra gente. We build deep digital relationships with Latinx folks through their phones in order to transform civic engagement and build political power.
Pulso attracts and engages Latinx folks through our innovative Latinx history and news service, which is based on Facebook Messenger. With this daily relationship and by telling the stories that have shaped our community, Pulso connects U.S.-based Latinos/as/x with our history and encourages subscribers to take action on critical issues, register to vote, and to cast their votes on Election Day.
To see the digitally-based service we’re building, search for “Project Pulso” in the Facebook Messenger app. You can also learn more about our work at https://projectpulso.org/.
Pulso is a project of Accelerate Change (AC), a nonprofit media lab dedicated to catalyzing new scalable and sustainable digital media models for citizen engagement. See “The Secret of Scale” for more on AC’s model for scalable citizen organizing read and see “The Promise of Lean Experimentation” for AC’s approach to experimentation using Lean Startup methodologies and other business strategies, both from the Stanford Social Innovation Review.
About the Position
We’re looking for a Chief of Staff to work closely with Pulso’s Executive Director to help Pulso grow and sustain seamlessly. This role would be a fit for someone who has deep experience in digital media, including developing and managing campaigns, products, and services across digital media platforms. However, as a nimble generalist, our ideal candidate would also have experience in organizational development and staff development, business acumen, and a track record of implementing priorities in complex organizational structures. We’re focused on solutions-oriented candidates who thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment and can quickly learn new areas of our work.
As Pulso’s Chief of Staff, here’s what you’ll do:
- Partner with Pulso’s Executive Director and relevant central staff on fundraising, influencer engagement, brand engagement, and external relations
- With Pulso’s Executive Director, drive forward Pulso’s revenue diversification efforts across each team in order to monitor and guide progress toward sustainability goals
- Implement acquisition plans, including overseeing the acquisition process and the integration of these new projects into Pulso’s work
- Lead new initiatives during their early stages, and transition those responsibilities to staff or contractors once those new initiatives are validated
- Manage teams and/or staff members, short term or long term, depending on organizational needs
- Liaise with central finance, talent acquisition, talent experience, and operations staff
- Spearhead and implement culture work and teamwork for the Pulso team, including planning Pulso virtual and in-person (post-COVID) retreats
- Serve as thought partner and coach to Pulso staff, in collaboration with central staff
- Collaborate cross-functionally with all Pulso teams and with central staff teams as needed to met goals and improve processes and outcomes
- Take on a wide variety of digital media and organizational development roles and projects to meet Pulso’s evolving needs
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for someone who (required):
- Has 10+ years of experience in both digital media and organizational development
- Has experience as an effective and supportive manager
- Is committed to advancing progressive social change
- Understands the interests of and issues facing the U.S.-based Latinx community
We prefer someone who:
- Has experience in senior leadership roles in digital media and/or organizational development
- Is highly entrepreneurial and thrives in a fast-paced, unstructured digital environment
- Is eager to learn, iterate, pivot, and experiment along with the rest of the team
- Is a team-player, and comfortable working remotely
- Has a sense of humor!
- $75,000-$85,000 salary range, depending on experience
- Flexible work hours
- Health care after 3 months, with individual premiums fully covered and cost-share for dependents
- Need-based educational loan assistance after 3 months
- 10 paid vacation days, 6 paid holidays, and 3 paid floating holidays each year
- 5 fully paid sick days and 10 half-paid sick days each year
- 401(k) plan after one year, with 100% employer match on the first 3% and 50% employer match on the next 2%
To apply, please upload your resume and tell us more about your experience using this application form: https://bit.ly/3dtAhu2.
Pulso is incubated by Accelerate Change; Accelerate Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities, or who are members of other marginalized communities.