To view all job openings, please visit acceleratechange.org/job-openings.
Position: Director of Digital Media Data Analytics (Full Time, Remote)
Reports to: Liz Alarcón
Direct Reports: Product and Data Manager, Digital Media Program Manager
Location: Full-time, 100% remote position (from home or co-working space) with occasional travel once every 2-3 months (after COVID-19)
Pulso is a Latinx-led social enterprise dedicated to raising up and keeping the pulse on nuestra gente. We build deep digital relationships with Latinx folks through their phones in order to transform civic engagement and build political power.
Pulso attracts and engages Latinx folks through our innovative Latinx history and news service, which is based on Facebook Messenger. With this daily relationship and by telling the stories that have shaped our community, Pulso connects U.S.-based Latinos/as/x with our history and encourages subscribers to take action on critical issues, register to vote, and to cast their votes on Election Day.
To see the digitally-based service we’re building, search for “Project Pulso” in the Facebook Messenger app. You can also learn more about our work at https://projectpulso.org/.
Pulso is a project of Accelerate Change (AC), a nonprofit media lab dedicated to catalyzing new scalable and sustainable digital media models for citizen engagement. See “The Secret of Scale” for more on AC’s model for scalable citizen organizing read and see “The Promise of Lean Experimentation” for AC’s approach to experimentation using Lean Startup methodologies and other business strategies, both from the Stanford Social Innovation Review.
About the Position
We’re looking for an experienced data analyst to guide Pulso’s digital analytics and tech as Pulso scales. As Director of Digital Media Data Analytics, you’ll develop and manage analytics for data from digital media platforms, and you’ll oversee product, tech, and experiment priorities and teams. This role would be a fit for someone who enjoys rigorous experimentation, data analysis, and being in the weeds with digital media tech. We are especially interested in solutions-oriented candidates who are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment as we rapidly scale both our reach and our team.
As Pulso’s Director of Digital Media Data Analytics, here’s what you’ll do:
- Execute deep-dive data analysis that delivers clear, actionable insights; make large sets of digital media data actionable by quickly identifying when the data tells us that we’re on to something big, where something is going wrong, or where we should adjust our strategy and retest
- Guide teams and assist team members in efficiently and accurately pulling data from digital media experiments, analyzing it, and proposing next steps
- Own and manage Pulso’s optimization tests across digital platforms and teams
- Partner with product and content teams to identify and apply learnings from digital experiments
- Develop reports, dashboards, and other tools
- Develop and manage cross-platform digital products
- Oversee the Facebook Messenger bots team, led by Pulso’s Product and Data Manager
- Oversee experiments run by Pulso’s Digital Media Program Manager
- Collaborate with Pulso’s Director of New Platforms and Editorial Director to ensure thoughtful development and seamless execution of all product and tech priorities
- Take on a wide variety of data analysis, tech, product, and campaign roles and projects to meet Pulso’s evolving needs
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for someone who (required):
- Has 5+ years of experience in data analytics, ideally in a digital media environment
- Is proficient in analyzing data, designing optimization tests, and managing experiment stacks
- Has experience running A/B tests
- Is obsessed with error-free work
- Has experience as an effective and supportive manager
- Is committed to advancing progressive social change
- Understands the interests of and issues facing the U.S.-based Latinx community
We prefer someone who (ideal, but not required):
- Has experience using chatbots
- Has experience overseeing digital media products or campaigns (including builds)
- Is highly entrepreneurial and thrives in a fast-paced, unstructured digital environment
- Is eager to learn, iterate, pivot, and experiment along with the rest of the team
- Is a team-player, and comfortable working remotely
- Has a sense of humor!
- $60,000-$70,000 salary range, depending on experience
- Flexible work hours
- Health care after 3 months, with individual premiums fully covered and cost-share for dependents
- Need-based educational loan assistance after 3 months
- 10 paid vacation days, 6 paid holidays, and 3 paid floating holidays each year
- 5 fully paid sick days and 10 half-paid sick days each year
- 401(k) plan after one year, with 100% employer match on the first 3% and 50% employer match on the next 2%
To apply, please upload your resume and tell us more about your experience using this application form: https://bit.ly/PulsoAnalyticsDirector_2020.
Pulso is incubated by Accelerate Change; Accelerate Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities, or who are members of other marginalized communities.