To view all job openings, please visit acceleratechange.org/job-openings.
Opportunity: Facebook Ads Specialist (Temporary) – Full Time, Remote
Organization: Accelerate Change
Duration: This is a temporary staff role through mid-November 2020
Hours: 40 hours per week during regular business hours (9am-5pm local time, Monday-Friday)
Location: This is a remote opportunity for an individual based anywhere in the US
About Accelerate Change
Accelerate Change is a nonprofit (c3/c4) media lab dedicated to catalyzing new scalable and sustainable digital media models for citizen engagement. We are particularly focused on developing new digital media models that engage communities of color and low-income communities, as well as models that bring together diverse citizens across class and race. We focus on media ventures that are driving social change through news, education, and action. In 2020, we’re running nonpartisan online voter registration (OVR) and get out the vote (GOTV) campaigns. These OVR and GOTV digital campaigns are focused on communities of color, as well as youth. Accelerate Change uses lean startup methodologies and other business strategies to help start-up nonprofit ventures and established organizations scale their digital media relationships and revenue.
Here’s some more information on those strategies:
- Functional Organizing: Our model is based on the idea that membership organizations can experience explosive, financially sustainable growth when they provide a robust set of benefits and services that have an outstanding value to the people they seek to organize (“functional organizing”). Learn more about our model for scalable citizen organizing in the article, “The Secret of Scale” from the Stanford Social Innovation Review.
- Lean startup methodologies: Our approach is centered on identifying challenges and unmet needs in people’s lives. We use lean startup methodologies to rigorously test ideas for services and benefits that could help address those pain points and provide real value in people’s everyday lives. Read more about our approach to experimentation in the article, “The Promise of Lean Experimentation” from the Stanford Social Innovation Review.
Accelerate Change supports some of the fastest growing nonprofit digital media ventures in the country, with a particular focus on communities of color. We also work with a select group of established nonprofit organizations to experiment with new digital media initiatives. Our partners include:
- PushBlack, the nation’s largest nonprofit media platform for Black people, reaches over 8 million Black Americans each month with Black news, history, and culture stories.
- Revolution English, a nonprofit news and education program for immigrants, provides bi-lingual news and information that empowers immigrants to navigate life in America.
- Pulso, a national nonprofit media organization focused on Latinx communities, reaches over 2 million Latinx Americans each month with culturally relevant news and information.
- ParentsTogether, a national, parent-led nonprofit media organization, helps over 2 million subscribers stay up to date on the issues affecting their families.
- La Alianza, a digital news service for immigrants and domestic workers created by the National Domestic Workers Alliance, provides Spanish-language stories to hundreds of thousands of subscribers.
Accelerate Change’s team of 16 central staff and 18 venture staff bring a diverse mix of tech, business, organizing, and media backgrounds that contribute to identifying solutions and developing new media and citizen engagement models.
About the Opportunity
Accelerate Change is seeking a Facebook Ads Specialist (Temporary) to support our team’s Facebook Ads work over the coming months.
Here’s what you could expect to do as a Facebook Ads Specialist (Temporary):
- Develop Facebook ad content and visuals. This includes sourcing and researching content, writing ad copy, writing headlines, and finding and editing creative assets (both photo and video).
- Run A/B tests to measure and improve performance
- Build and manage ads in Facebook Ads Manager.
- Analyze and report key metrics for each A/B test and manage spend against aggressive ROI targets
What We’re Looking For
- Commitment to social justice
- 1+ year of experience with all aspects of Facebook ad management, including: building, managing, optimizing, A/B testing, pulling data, and analyzing data for Facebook ads
- Proficient in A/B testing and spreadsheet skills
- Obsessed with error-free work
Compensation and Commitment
Compensation for this role is $19 – $21 per hour, depending on experience. This is a temporary staff role through mid-November 2020. The hours commitment is 40 hours per week during regular business hours (9am-5pm local time, Monday-Friday).
To apply, please upload your resume and tell us more about your experience using this application form: https://bit.ly/3aQ0MJ0
Accelerate Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.