To view all job openings, please visit acceleratechange.org/job-openings.
Opportunity: Digital Community Organizer, Arizona (Full Time, Remote from Arizona)
Reports to: Liz Alarcón, Founder and Executive Director
Direct Reports: N/A
Location: Full-time, 100% remote position in Arizona (from home or co-working space) with occasional travel once every 2-3 months
Pulso is a Latinx-led social enterprise dedicated to raising up and keeping the pulse on nuestra gente. We build deep digital relationships with Latinx folks through their phones in order to transform civic engagement and build political power.
Pulso attracts and engages Latinx folks through our innovative Latinx history and news service, which is based on Facebook Messenger. With this daily relationship and by telling the stories that have shaped our community, Pulso connects U.S.-based Latinos/as/x with our history and encourages subscribers to take action on critical issues, register to vote, and to cast their votes on Election Day.
To see the digitally-based service we’re building, search for “Project Pulso” in the Facebook Messenger app. You can also learn more about our work at https://projectpulso.org/.
Pulso is a project of Accelerate Change (AC), a nonprofit media lab dedicated to catalyzing new scalable and sustainable digital media models for citizen engagement. See “The Secret of Scale” for more on AC’s model for scalable citizen organizing read and see “The Promise of Lean Experimentation” for AC’s approach to experimentation using Lean Startup methodologies and other business strategies, both from the Stanford Social Innovation Review.
About the Position
We’re looking for a social media aficionado/a/x who is deeply engaged with Latinx culture and the Latinx progressive movement to serve as a digital organizer for Pulso in Arizona. As Digital Community Organizer, Arizona, you’ll amplify the Arizona Latinx progressive movement through digital media. This role would be a fit for someone who loves taking video selfies and otherwise sharing content, but who equally enjoys being engaged in the substance of the Latinx progressive movement in Arizona. We are especially interested in solutions-oriented candidates who are comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment as we rapidly scale both our reach and our team.
As Pulso’s Digital Community Organizer, Arizona, here’s what you’ll do:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with individuals and leaders in the movement
- Participate in a wide variety of events related to Latinx culture and the Latinx progressive movement in Arizona
- Develop and implement multimedia content and campaigns to amplify the voices, events, and policy issues that are central to the movement using Facebook Messenger and a variety of digital media platforms
- Leverage traditional media platforms (TV, radio, etc.) to complement and drive digital engagement
- Take on other responsibilities to support Pulso’s work in Arizona and beyond
What We’re Looking For
This is an entry-level position. The minimum experience required is a college degree (no full-time work experience required) OR 4 years full-time work experience (no college degree required).
We are looking for someone who (required):
- Is currently based in Arizona
- Has developed compelling content, especially video, for campaigns on most of these digital platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok
- Is committed to and deeply involved with the Latinx progressive movement in Arizona
- Understands the interests of and issues facing the U.S.-based Latinx community
We prefer someone who:
- Has experience working on issue campaigns, either as a volunteer or staff
- Has experience with traditional media platforms (TV, radio, etc.)
- Is highly entrepreneurial and thrives in a fast-paced, unstructured digital environment
- Is eager to learn, iterate, pivot, and experiment along with the rest of the team
- Is a team-player, and comfortable working remotely
- Has a sense of humor!
- $40,000-$44,000 salary range, depending on experience
- Flexible work hours
- Health care after 3 months, with individual premiums fully covered and cost-share for dependents
- Need-based educational loan assistance after 3 months
- 10 paid vacation days, 6 paid holidays, and 3 paid floating holidays each year
- 5 fully paid sick days and 10 half-paid sick days each year
- 401(k) plan after one year, with 100% employer match on the first 3% and 50% employer match on the next 2%
To apply, please upload your resume and tell us more about your experience using this application form: http://bit.ly/32OL0ei.
Pulso is incubated by Accelerate Change; Accelerate Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities, or who are members of other marginalized communities.