To view all job openings, please visit acceleratechange.org/job-openings.
Role: Digital Growth Hacker (Full Time, Remote)
Reports to: Liz Alarcón, Founder and Executive Director
Direct Reports: N/A
Location: Full-time, 100% remote position (from home or co-working space) with occasional travel once every 2-3 months
Pulso is a Latinx-led social enterprise dedicated to raising up and keeping the pulse on nuestra gente. We build deep digital relationships with Latinx folks through their phones in order to transform civic engagement and build political power.
Pulso attracts and engages Latinx folks through our innovative Latinx history and news service, via Facebook Messenger, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter and The Pulso Podcast. With this daily relationship and by telling the stories that have shaped our community, Pulso connects U.S.-based Latinos/as/x with our history and encourages subscribers to take action on critical issues, register to vote, and to cast their votes on Election Day.
To see the digitally-based service we’re building, search for “Project Pulso” in the Facebook Messenger app. You can also learn more about our work at ProjectPulso.
Pulso is a project of Accelerate Change (AC), a nonprofit media lab dedicated to catalyzing new scalable and sustainable digital media models for citizen engagement. See “The Secret of Scale” for more on AC’s model for scalable citizen organizing read and see “The Promise of Lean Experimentation” or AC’s approach to experimentation using Lean Startup methodologies and other business strategies, both from the Stanford Social Innovation Review.
We’re looking for a data-driven Growth Hacker to lead our experimentation and growth primarily on Instagram but also on TikTok, YouTube and other social media platforms. In this role you’ll use lean startup methodology to test and implement strategies to help Pulso achieve scalable, transformative growth.
Here’s what you can expect to do in this role:
- Own experiment design, interrogation, execution, quality assurance and analysis for paid and organic growth on our social media platforms.
- Efficiently and accurately pull data from experiments, organize and document results, analyze and draw actionable insights, report key metrics and results, and propose next steps.
- Develop content and visuals to A/B test for ads (story, photo, video, and carousel ads), posts in feed (photo and video), and stories. This includes sourcing and researching content, writing copy, and finding and editing creative assets (both photo and video).
- Rapidly execute A/B tests for organic and paid growth to measure and improve performance, including running lean experiments focused on: content and visuals, filters, captions, hashtags, buttons, tagging, location, emojis, cross-platform promotion, converting content from other platforms, sharing, and more.
- Work with other experimenters across Pulso to manage ads, posts, and stories using Ads Manager .
- Support with content creation, researching and writing compelling stories that Pulso subscribers will love, and assist with community management on Instagram.
- Adhere to Pulso’s internal processes related to content creation, experimentation and more, including consistently updating and maintaining relevant systems of record.
- Contribute to organizational development, including being actively involved in Pulso’s culture and building relationships with Pulso teammates and throughout the AC Network.
- Embody and communicate the organization’s progressive values and commitment to elevating the US Latino community.
- Keep up to date with current events, relevant social issues, and evolving technical platform updates.
- Seek out opportunities to deepen skills, learning for platforms and lean startup methodology, participating in individual professional development and team-wide training.
- Participate in internal team building activities, social media, and special date activations.
- Manage time efficiently in order to balance work and life in a way that does not interfere with the ability to complete tasks and participate in necessary meetings.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for someone who (required):
- Has 3 years of experience growing audiences on Instagram and other social media platforms including YouTube and TikTok
- Can perform rigorous A/B testing and analyze data to surface insights, problems, and opportunities
- Is highly entrepreneurial, solutions-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced, remote environment with evolving priorities
- Is eager to learn, iterate, pivot, and experiment along with the rest of the team
- Is committed to advancing progressive social change
- Understands the interests and issues of the U.S.-based Latinx community
We prefer someone who:
- Is a team-player, and comfortable working remotely
- Has a sense of humor!
- $50,000-$60,000 salary range, depending on experience
- Flexible work hours
- Health care after 3 months, with individual premiums fully covered and cost-share for dependents
- 15 paid vacation days, 6 paid holidays, and 3 paid floating holidays each year
- 7.5 fully paid sick days
- 401(k) plan after one year, with 100% employer match on the first 3% and 50% employer match on the next 2%
To apply please upload your resume and tell us more about your experience using this application form: https://forms.gle/ArWC7DMa1J4i1GzD6.
Pulso is incubated by Accelerate Change; Accelerate Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities, or who are members of other marginalized communities.