To view all job openings, please visit acceleratechange.org/job-openings.
Position: Video Producer and Experimenter – Full-Time, Remote
Organization: Accelerate Change
Reports to: Director of Media Lab Experimentation
Location: Full-time, 100% remote position (from home or co-working space) with occasional travel once every 2-3 months, post-COVID
About Accelerate Change
Accelerate Change is a nonprofit (c3/c4) media lab dedicated to catalyzing new scalable and sustainable digital media models for citizen engagement. We are particularly focused on developing new digital media models that engage communities of color and low-income communities, as well as models that bring together diverse citizens across class and race. We focus on media ventures that are driving social change through news, education, and action.
Accelerate Change uses lean startup methodologies and other business strategies to help start-up nonprofit ventures and established organizations scale their digital media relationships and revenue. Here’s some more information on those strategies:
- Functional Organizing: Our model is based on the idea that membership organizations can experience explosive, financially sustainable growth when they provide a robust set of benefits and services that have an outstanding value to the people they seek to organize (“functional organizing”). Learn more about our model for scalable citizen organizing in the article, “The Secret of Scale” from the Stanford Social Innovation Review.
- Lean startup methodologies: Our approach is centered on identifying challenges and unmet needs in people’s lives. We use lean startup methodologies to rigorously test ideas for services and benefits that could help address those pain points and provide real value in people’s everyday lives. Read more about our approach to experimentation in the article, “The Promise of Lean Experimentation” from the Stanford Social Innovation Review.
Accelerate Change supports some of the fastest growing nonprofit digital media ventures in the country, with a particular focus on communities of color. We also work with a select group of established nonprofit organizations to experiment with new digital media initiatives. Our partners include:
- PushBlack, the nation’s largest nonprofit media platform for Black people, reaches over 8 million Black Americans each month with Black news, history, and culture stories.
- Noticias Para Inmigrantes, a nonprofit news and education program for immigrants, provides bi-lingual news and information that empowers 1 million immigrants to navigate life in America.
- Pulso, a national nonprofit media organization focused on Latinx communities, reaches over 2 million Latinx Americans each month with culturally relevant news and information.
- ParentsTogether, a national, parent-led nonprofit media organization, helps over 2 million subscribers stay up to date on the issues affecting their families.
- La Alianza, a digital news service for immigrants and domestic workers created by the National Domestic Workers Alliance, provides Spanish-language stories to hundreds of thousands of subscribers.
Accelerate Change’s team of 14 central staff and 33 venture staff bring a diverse mix of tech, business, organizing, and media backgrounds that contribute to identifying solutions and developing new media and citizen engagement models.
About the Position
Accelerate Change is seeking a Video Producer and Experimenter to develop video content for a variety of projects. Our ideal candidate is able to produce high-quality video content in a fast-paced work environment with an eye toward social media engagement and experimentation.
Here’s what you could expect to do as Video Producer and Experimenter:
- Produce live and pre-recorded video content for our partners’ various social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, and YouTube
- Edit video content for our partners’ social media channels, such interviews, scripted content, event videos, etc.
- Create video style guides to reflect our best practices for social video content and share our validated video learnings with our network
- Use lean methodology in video experimentation to identify the most impactful and effective video formates and strategies for our partners’ platforms and experiments
- Build and execute video experimentation stacks to grow our partners’ digital media platforms
- Brainstorm creative and engaging video content ideas alongside our team and partners
- Experiment with many different video concepts, iterating on development to identify the most impactful content
- Assist with other video projects, as needed
What We’re Looking For
- Commitment to social justice. Accelerate Change is a mission-driven organization focused on progressive social change and social justice, with a focus on communities of color. You have a demonstrated commitment to this work and you’d like to be part of a team of people who do, too.
- 3+ years experience with video production and editing
- Willingness to experiment. Accelerate Change uses lean experimentation to identify the most impactful strategies to scale our media partners’ platforms. As a video producer and experimenter, you’ll be expected to use lean experimentation in your own day-to-day work.
- Experience working closely with a team of creatives and comfort with cross-team collaboration
- $45,000 – $52,000 salary range, depending on experience
- Flexibility for work and life: Unlike a lot of places, we actually believe that people should only work 40 hours each week, except for occasional sprints that require more time in a week. We also trust everyone to make a schedule that works for them, as long as you’re able to join on all the necessary meetings. Want to work more one day and less the next? Fine by us. Work better in the middle of the night than during the afternoon? Go for it. Need to shift your hours to be able to pick up your kid from school? All good.
- Health care after 3 months, with individual premiums fully covered and cost-share for dependents
- Need-based educational loan assistance after 3 months
- 15 paid vacation days, 6 paid holidays, and 3 paid floating holidays each year
- 7.5 fully paid sick days each year
- 401(k) plan after one year, with 100% employer match on the first 3% and 50% employer match on the next 2%
To apply, please upload your resume and tell us more about your experience using this application form: https://bit.ly/3hkvdNN.
Accelerate Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.